Julie from the Seasoned Cookery School and her super talented chefs have come up with a healthier version of mouthwatering, tandoori chicken kebabs.
Alrighty, you’ll need:
For the tandoori chicken kebabs
200g The Collective Dairy Straight Up yoghurt
8 cloves garlic, minced
10cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp chilli powder (more if you like it hot!)
6 chicken fillets, diced
For the cucumber and mint riata
250g The Collective Diary Straight Up yoghurt
¼ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
Small handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Sliced cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl mix together the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, tomato puree, garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin and chilli powder. Stir in the diced chicken until it is evenly coated with the yoghurt mix. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating make the cucumber and mint riata. Mix together all of the ingredients, cover the bowl with cling film and leave to chill until the chicken is cooked.
- When the chicken is readypre heat the grill as high as it will go. Thread 4/5 pieces of chicken on to the lightly oiled skewer.
- Place the chicken under the grill to cook for 5-10 minutes until starting to colour. Turn and cook on the other side until completely cooked through.
- Serve wrapped up in a chapatti with lime pickle, shredded lettuce and sliced cherry tomatoes.