If you like burritos, you’ll love this salmon and mango wrap recipe by LeitchyCreates. The rich, flaked salmon is an awesome pairing with the fresh sweet mango, topped off with zingy Straight Up and who knew it was o-so-easy to make your own healthy wraps. A great lunch less ordinary!
Serves a family of four
Alright, you’ll need:
160g chickpea flour
2 pinches of salt and pepper
Coconut oil spray
4 x150g fillets of salmon, skinned
Salt and pepper
1 lime zest
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp turmeric
a pinch of cayenne pepper
2 avocadoes, cubed
2 salad tomatoes, chopped
1 lime, juiced
a handful of chopped coriander
280g mango chunks
3 spring onions, sliced
4 dollops of The Collective Straight Up yoghurt
*dollop = 1 heaped tablespoon
Jordan’s hot tip: you will be covered in burrito goodness so be sure to have the kitchen roll nearby *wink*
Now you just need to:
- To make the wraps, whisk together the flour, water and seasoning until smooth and combined. Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat, spray three times with coconut oil and then ladle some of the mixture into the pan. Spread into a circle with the back of the ladle like a pancake, about 2 to 3mm thick. Once it has bubbled all over, flip and then once it’s golden underneath, transfer to a plate and repeat another three times. Put the tacos under foil and into the oven on a low heat to keep warm.
- In a bowl mix together the avocado, lime and tomatoes. The lime-juice will prevent the avocados turning brown, so you can put this to one side whilst you prepare everything else.
- Line the grill with foil and turn to a low to medium heat. Place the fillets of salmon on the lined grill and season. Sprinkle over the lime zest and pop under the grill. Once golden, turn the fillets over to ensure they cook through – they are ready when they are light pink and flakey. Cut them in half to test they are cooked through before serving, they should take around 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Whilst the salmon fillets cooks, heat the coconut oil in the frying pan and add the black beans and spices. Cook over a medium heat for around five minutes/until the beans have softened and smell delicious! If they are ready before the salmon is, pop in the oven to keep warm.
- Now its time to assemble everything! Place a wrap on each plate. Break up the salmon fillets and divide these between the four wraps. Top with the fried beans and guacamole. Then divide up the mango chunks, coriander and onions.
Dollop on the yoghurt and then serve. Roll up and enjoy!